News: Planning for Bushfire Protection 2017
On 8th and 9th September, Bush Fire Risk principle consultant Melanie Jackson will attend the 2017 Bushfire Building Conference in the Blue Mountains. At the conference Melanie will be learning about Planning for Bush Fire Protection (PBP) 2017; the first major update to the PBP for over 10 years, which is anticipated to be released in the new year.
A major change to PBP is a restructure of the document for ease of use and clarity. It’s further anticipated that the following will change:
- simplified approach for grasslands
- simplified access requirements
- clarification on residential infill
- a section on special fire protection purpose developments (for example, home based child care) restructured and different criteria provided for specific uses
- improved alignment with Australian Standard 3959-2009
- greater emphasis on strategic planning, which considers state, regional and local level plans.
The Conference will also include many other highlights, which will be shared and an update of the major changes to Planning for Bushfire Protection 2017.
Contact us if you want more information about Planning for Bush Fire Protection (PBP) 2017.
DRAFT PBP 2017